Monday, July 24, 2006
Friday, July 14, 2006
1. I used to count squares.
4. A chessboard grid seemed like an endless horizon of possibility.
9. In the hallways of my high school, I would walk diagonally along the tiled floors.
16. Careening from one side of the hallway to another, I bounced off the wall and continued like some wayward electron or pinball.
25. There were lots of squares everywhere, but not in the sky.
36. Except when I played Tetris.
49. That was most of my sophomore year of high school.
64. People said I didn't have any friends, but that was the way I
81. When I watched television on the couch, everything seemed blurry and out of focus.
100. Until I pressed my face up close to the screen, when I could see the perfectly stacked pixels.